Key objectives for 2016
FPC’s key strategic objectives for 2016 are as follows:
- Further implementation of the Revenue Management System to cover 95% of the deregulated domestic segment;
- Expansion of RZD Bonus Loyalty Programme to reach 2 million cardholders;
- Further expansion of day train services;
- Development of multimodal transport services;
- Relations with regulatory authorities to secure government support for socially significant passenger routes;
- Access to the Internet and a multimedia web portal on branded trains.
Changes in the global economic environment and a growing gap between FPC’s historical performance and strategic targets require an updated Development Strategy. The update effort was initiated in mid-2015 and is expected to be completed in 2016.
As discussed at the Company’s annual strategy session, the updated Strategy should focus on:
- New approaches to the infrastructure tariff pricing;
- Expansion of the product offering and optimisation of the route network and schedule;
- Development and introduction of a centralised rolling stock automatic management system;
- Optimisation of carriage repairs;
- Improvement of train crew performance;
- Other business projects.