High-quality ticket service
FPC actively develops electronic sales and service channels: in 2015, the share of e-tickets for FPC’s long-distance trains increased by 8 p.p. vs 2014 to 33% of total ticket sales.
E-ticket sales will continue growing as all trains get equipped with ticket control devices speeding up ticket verification during boarding.
In 2015, the following technological improvements were introduced to improve e-ticketing service quality:
- As from March 2015, the Passengers section of Russian Railways website features a new online service for hotel bookings.
- On 2 June 2015, a “single ticket” valid for a trip to Crimea by rail, road and marine transport went on sale on Russian Railways website.
- Since 16 June 2015, online registration have been available for international trains operated by FPC and Kazakhstan Temir Zholy.
- Remotely on the website: www.pass.rzd.ru. The website also features train timetables.
- In person at ticket sales points (the list of sales points is available on the website in the section “passengers services”)
- Order in advance by calling 8 (800) 775-00-00 and collect the ticket in any ticket office
The earlier you buy the ticket, the cheaper it is!